Thursday, March 10, 2011

IIM Bangalore - GDPI

Brief INTRO

8th march 2011 IIM Bangalore campus 2 pm batch

.

.


Essay

30

The panelist introduced themselves as two professors and one alumnus

Panelist : 2 ladies 35- 35- and one sir 40+(alumnus) each having a laptop with all references and SOP (I guess)

Topic : children of politicians shd never be allowed to enter politics

(a sheet with topic and instructions printed on It was given.. a big( half page) box for rough work.. backside lines.. roughly around 20 -25 lines.. no extra sheet.. can start writing on the backside anytime)

.

.

Personal Interview

Around 15-20 mins

.

Greetings “take ur seat”

Gimme ur forms and certificates.

When was this photo taken _-_-_-_-_-_ sir this was taken during college

It looks very different _-_-_-_-_-_ yeah sir I removed my mustache ..(after a pause) for these IIM interviews…

Omg for these interviews…why so.. it was not mentioned anywer in the forms .. ( all 3 laughing _-_-_-_-_-_ many ppl said a clean shave wud make a person look more professional..

Is it so (the sir had a mustache ) so am I not professional _-_-_-_-_-_ no sir I dint mean so

(smiling) Ok no prob…. Tell me abt urself _-_-_-_-_-_ bla bla bla…

(interrupted and said ) u are just repeating points from ur SOP..!! _-_-_-_-_-_ ( I said abt my hobbies, strength and weakness.. career goals etc..)

Ok tel me why MBA _-_-_-_-_-_ value addition… brand name IIM..

Only brand name _-_-_-_-_-_ not only brand name... peer group.. mba multidimensional growth.. assume greater responsibility sooner.. growth faster…

(one of the ladies) ok tell me abt INS Viraat ((in sop I had said abt our visit to INS Viraat during camp) _-_-_-_-_-_ camp ..ins Valsura… spl permission.. only aircraft carrier of Indian defence.. currently in operation… saw INSAS arms.. helicopter landed and took off..!! J 2013 it will be decommissioned .. so we might be the last batch of students to have visited it..!!

So why dint u goto defense after such experiences _-_-_-_-_-_ no sir my parents dint allow.. they wanted me to do do a engg course instead of defense… far away from family..!! bla bla

Then why mba now _-_-_-_-_-_ in bhel only one business function . limited growth.. we deal with coal handling plant and ash handling plant.. I wont be able to learn other aspects bla bla..

U went to angul right .. tell me abt angul and Orissa _-_-_-_-_-_ said abt the place…)

Did u interact with locals ..any prob occurred _-_-_-_-_-_ shutdown permission 6 days..had to finish in that 6 days.. else per day 2 lakh loss… 2nd day accident occurred.. labour heavily drunk .. operated circuit breaker without line clearance.. heavy shock.. admitted to hospital.. labour head asked for money .. went on strike...good chance for workers to skip work… 6 day deadline.. pressure from Bangalore.. finally negotiated and agm came .. gave money. Promisd to work from the next day..

So it was a nice experience _-_-_-_-_-_ yeah sir.. finaly we completed the proj ..currentyl working on Vallur project Chennai

Wher are ur extra curri certificates ( I had separate files… one for all mark sheet 10t h12th etc..and one for extra curri stuff ……. I gave it)

Hobbies _-_-_-_-_-_ rubiks cube.. philately- stamp collection .. puzzles and playing card tricks

What was that tircks _-_-_-_-_-_ playing card tricks mam..

Playing cards.!!!!!!!!!! What Is it _-_-_-_-_-_ (took cards from pocket )

U have cards wit u (started smiling) _-_-_-_-_-_ yeah mam…. Can I show some trick.

Yeah sure.. make it fast. Do some quick one (performed.. bit surprised )

Can u do if I shuffle the cards _-_-_-_-_-_ (confidently) yeah sir.. if all 52 cards are present I will be able to perform .. it involves basic math..

How did u do that then _-_-_-_-_-_ mam I shd not say the trick mam J sorry

(look at each other ) ok Raghunath thank u… say the next one to be ready _-_-_-_-_-_ thank u sir..thank u mam X 2 ..

.

.

My other GD PI :-)

IIM Ahmedabad

IIM Bangalore

IIM Calcutta

IIM Lucknow

IIM Indore

IIM Raipur,Ranchi,Rohtak,Trichy

FMS



1 comment: