Thursday, March 10, 2011

IIM Lucknow - GDPI

Brief INTRO

PLEASE NOTE : bring the call letter original copy .. they dint ask us the photo copies of certificates.

4rd march 2011 Hotel Monarch Luxur Bangalore 9 am batch

.

.

Group Discussion

Around 5 + 15 mins

Panelist : 1 gentleman 28- yrs and 1 lady 30+ yrs

GD: regional languages are fading out owing to the globalization

Essay + gd…

Group : diverted towards india, china mandarin .. dialects.. etc.. which is better hindi or english… british brought eng for clerical jobs.. developments in hindi.. role of citizens.. mother tongue!! etc

NO SUMMARISE..

.

.

Personal Interview

Around 20-25 mins

Panelist : 1 gentleman 28- yrs and 1 lady 30+ yrs

Greetings “take ur seat”

( checkin the certificates and call letter )

(they discuss abt 2nd candidate.. had not said he dint received his call letter.. mobile no written in form was not legible.. they said to me to inform abt this if he was outside .i said I knew him well… TIME classes.. gd pi sessions.. got introduced.. gave his number..)

Ok what did u learn in TIME classes _-_-_-_-_-_ Got a basic idea abt the iim gd pi… mock gds pi.. etc

Ok so u know wat we are going to ask _-_-_-_-_-_ no sir.. just we became a little serious abt the gdpi process..

Ok tell me abt urself _-_-_-_-_-_ BLAAAAAAA (very long one :D somewhere I said abt BHEL turnkey projects..)

(interrupted) What is turn key.. adv disad _-_-_-_-_-_ (answered)

Ok continue….(continued)

(interrupted) why sudden dip in GPA _-_-_-_-_-_ I participatd in symposiums ..i bunked classes.. lost marks in attendance…

So u will do the same in iims (both laughing ) _-_-_-_-_-_ yeah sir definitely… :- )

NCC during college ?? how _-_-_-_-_-_ weekday class.. sat Sunday parade.. ncc camp… harbpur. Ship etc etc..

U did a course in numerical methods .. what Is it _-_-_-_-_-_ (bla bla)

Tell me some methods _-_-_-_-_-_ gauss siedel ,, trapezoidal rule.. :( ( I forgot all good ones :’( )

NR _-_-_-_-_-_ yeah Newton raphson method.. other methos gauss siedel . gauss elimination,, Jacobi… LU factorization..

Tell me abt NR _-_-_-_-_-_ asked for the paper and drew how the slope cuts the X axis and root is obtained ) I forgot the formula.. shall I derive sir (confidently )

No… tell me ur hobbies _-_-_-_-_-_ cube.. card magic.. football.. puzzles.. shortcuts and vedic maths..!!

Rubiks cube ?? _-_-_-_-_-_ yeah mam

What is card trick ?? _-_-_-_-_-_ ( I had a pack of cards ;) ) sir shall I show some trick ..

(very suroprised ) oh u are having cars .. good show.. but be quick ,,,, we need to rush.. ( first magic the sir interrupted and I forgot the number.. :P then restart and I asked them to write them on paper ……..did some two tricks.. I hope they were impressed ..)

Name some Card magicians _-_-_-_-_-_ allen ackerman, juan tamriz (Wikipedia rocks !!! )

Indians _-_-_-_-_-_ P C sorcar and his sons, neelakandan namboodri ( again wiki rocks J J )

Shortcuts ? _-_-_-_-_-_ (I showed them some shortcuts..) some rapid fire math..!! 78 * 21 .,,,,,,, 1638 (1 second) ok.. 97 *37 .,.i said 3589..

We need to check…How so fast _-_-_-_-_-_ said 1560 + 78… 3700 -111…!!!

Ok thank u .. thanks for the card tricks. That was nice _-_-_-_-_-_ thank u sir ,. Thank u mam..

Do inform the next person to be ready..

.

.

My other GD PI :-)

IIM Ahmedabad

IIM Bangalore

IIM Calcutta

IIM Lucknow

IIM Indore

IIM Raipur,Ranchi,Rohtak,Trichy

FMS


No comments:

Post a Comment